I have added onto the joint by silver soldering another couple of pieces of thread to elongate both sides. I also created with thinner wire the arms and top of the head which I will add the chavant clay on top of.
Friday, 30 January 2009
Creating the Armature
As I am making this model to hypothetically be used for a stop motion animation, the character needs to be able to have flexible joints and moveable parts. The robot character is wheelchair bound and so the most important joint for him will be that which connects the neck and head. I have found a ball and socket joint to give me a flexible movement and it will be the starting point for the armature.