Tuesday 10 March 2009

Moulding Difficulties

I finished sculpting my character early last week and have also moulded it. However when it came to deciding how I was going to go about moulding it I had a bit of difficulty. I had sculpted my figure as one piece on the armature. As I wanted the final cast to also have the armature within it to give the character the same movement it has now it required the head and body to be moulded and cast separately and then have the armature drilled into them. As I had sculpted the robot as one I had to pull the head apart from the body, which actually happened more easily than I thought it would! I also had to create a recess in the underside of the robot's head for the armature of the ball and socket joint to sit into once cast.





No comments:

Post a Comment